Marlene MansionMegalochori, Santorini
Mansion Marlene, a house beloved by photographers and featured in many magazines around the world, is located in the peaceful traditional village of Megalochori, a short drive away from the best attractions & beaches of Santorini.
This famous villa was built around the mid-19th century and inhabited by one of the feudal landlords of the island at that time. These merchants and landlords became wealthy exporting the unique Vinsanto wine, which the island still produces. Megalochori had a particularly strong link with Odessa in Russia and many of the church bells which still toll in the village today are from Russia.
The villa is situated just a short stroll from the central village square in Santorini with its pretty churches and picturesque Venetian bell towers. The village, with its winding cobbled pathways, is free of traffic. Access to the house is through imposing large wooden entrance gates into a secluded and very pretty private courtyard, with garden and a beautiful Moroccan-style swimming pool. There is also a smaller courtyard where the guests can enjoy dining «al fresco» under the Santorini skies whilst absorbing the village atmosphere almost within arms reach.
The mansion has been beautifully renovated to provide all modern amenities, yet retaining the character and style of the original house. Double doors lead directly from the courtyard into a spacious living and dining area with superb high vaulted ceilings and original polished wooden floors. The two bedrooms lead off from either side of the central living room. One bathroom in hushed hues with modern amenities is shared between both bedrooms. The kitchen has an original stone arch which now serves as a washing up and preparation area. Modern amenities include air-conditioning in both bedrooms, free internet access, satellite TV & DVD, iPod & Ipad docking station and a complimentary mobile phone.
Mansion Marlene the villa of choice for the perfect honeymoon or for guests who desire absolute privacy and relaxation in a stylish and romantic environment.
● Fully equipped kitchen
● Two double bedrooms
● Bathroom with shower
● Living room with double sofa bed
● Dining room
STAFF & SERVICES
● Private transfer upon arrival/departure
● One 5-seat manual transmission car rental category A’
● 24-hour Concierge service availability
● Daily fresh towels and cleaning service
● Change of linen twice per week
At extra cost (advance notice may be required):
● Restaurant reservations
● Private Chef services
● Provisions and grocery orders and delivery before your arrival
● Massage & Beauty treatments
● Private tours
● Car, boat, motorbike rental
- Bath toiletries
- Bath towels/Bathrobes
- Flat screen Tv(s)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Iron / ironing board
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor lounge / dining areas
- Pool towels
- Private pool
- Safe box
- Satellite television(s)
- Sun loungers
Rates (Starting from)
- Nightly: €290
- Weekly (7d+): €2,030
- Additional rules information
- PAYMENT POLICY - We will require a 30% deposit payable by Credit card or Bank transfer at time of booking. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to arrival., CANCELLATION POLICY 61 Days: No fees apply if the reservation is cancelled earlier than eight weeks prior to the scheduled arrival date. Any taken deposit is fully refunded. 46-60 Days: In case the booking is cancelled between 60 and 46 days prior to arrival, 30% of the total accommodation cost is charged as cancellation fee. 31-45 Days: In case the booking is cancelled between 45 and 31 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total accommodation cost is charged as cancellation fee. 01-30 Days: In case the booking is cancelled later than 30 days prior to arrival, in case of no-show or in case of early departure, the total accommodation cost (100%) is charged as cancellation fee., DAMAGE AGREEMENT - You must provide the Company with a valid credit card to act as collateral for any losses or damages to the Property (including its contents) during the rental period and the Company may charge such credit card up the amount of these losses or damages. Note that the Company will notify and discuss with you before any such charge is made. If you are required to pay an additional cash security deposit (indicated in your Payment Details), you will be refunded the deposit after we receive clearance from the Owner.